The big weekend at Milwaukee’s Arcade Theatre begins on Thursday with this month’s Comedy Arcade Show. It’s another laugh fest showcasing local standup comedians and some improvised comedy.
The show starts at 7:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 21, at the Arcade Theatre, 161 W. Wisconsin Ave., lower level.
It features stand-ups:
- Josh Balew
- Tom Grimm
- Jason Hillman
It’s $10 at the door, or you can get your tickets online for $7 and a FREE BEER. As always, it’s BYOB – especially if you don’t pre-order your tickets.
And this month’s Comedy Arcade kicks off the latest sketch comedy show from Milwaukee’s broadminded Comedy troupe. Their show, Jerks! starts at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 22, also at the Arcade Theatre, and runs Saturday, Nov. 23, Friday, Nov. 29, and Saturday, Nov. 30. Click here for more information and a link for tickets.
Never in its eight years, has the Milwaukee Comedy Festival had such a buildup.
The final official kick off event is the Milwaukee Comedy Showcase at 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, July 31 (aka Comedy Fest Eve). It’s happening at the Next Act Theatre space, the same venue for the fest, 255 S. Water St.
The show is pay-what-you-can with a meet-and-greet and free Transfer pizza.
The multi-dimensional Greg Bach will be the emcee, featuring:
- stand up from Jake Kornely and Jason Hillman with
- improv from Homegrown Electric Circus, including Mike Walker, Evan Koepnick, Josh Barto and Scott Heaton.
You know that the 8th annual Milwaukee Comedy Festival starts Thursday, Aug. 1 and runs through Sunday, Aug. 4.
That is the largest comedy event in Wisconsin – all year, if not ever. But, hey, Milwaukee is a big and busy enough comedy community that plenty of other funny stuff is happening at the same time.
In fact, out-of-town visitors to the Comedy Fest are welcome to see what else Milwaukee has going on. Including:
- Monday, July 29 – 7:30 p.m. Trivia Stew at the Sherbrooke, 6713 W. North Ave., Wauwatosa. The same whacky, game-showy Trivia Stew format that’s a Sunday night favorite at Lee’s Luxury Lounge, in Bay View. Hosted by Dave Nelsen of ComedySportz. Teams of six. Fabulous prizes.
- Tuesday, July 30 – 9 p.m., Open Mic Comedy at the Down & Over Pub, 2535 S. Kinnickinnic Ave. Hosted by Matty Field.
- Wednesday, July 31 – 8 p.m., Comedy Café Open Mic Competition, 615 E. Brady St. It’s a monthly contest. Click here for details.
- Thursday, Aug. 1 – 8:30 p.m., Comedy & Music Night at Sugar Maple, 441 E. Lincoln Ave. With stand up from Tom Grimm, Greg Bach, Jessie Mahne, Erik Koconis, a guest set from Chao Feng. Hosted by Ryan Holman. Music by The Gazettiers. $5.
- Thursday, Aug. 1 – 9:30 p.m., Premier of Moby Dick, the feature-length all-puppet film written and directed by Milwaukee comedy genius Ryan Lowe, including an array of Milwaukee musicians, comedians and actors. At the Rosebud Theater, 6823 W. North Ave. $10. Also showing at 10 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 3, and 10 a.m., Sunday, Aug. 4. Click here to learn more.
Here’s a funny way to welcome the summer solstice: the Milwaukee Stand-Up Comedy Showcase.
The name says it all. Well, it doesn’t tell you when and where and how much. But we can provide those details.
The showcase is a production of the Caste of Killers Comedy Collective and displays select Milwaukee comedy talent, this time including:
- Jason Hillman
- Adam Waldron
- Ian John
- Nate Seek
- Laura Holterman
- Joe Larkin
- Gareth Reynolds
The show is at 8:30 p.m., Friday, June 21, at the Karma Bar & Grill, 600 E. Ogden Ave. Admission is $5 online (by clicking here) or $10 at the door.